Dr. Jonathan Richter is a skilled dual trained holistic Periodontist (gum disease specialist), Prosthodontist (an expert in restoring teeth) and an expert in Implant Dentistry. He is one of only a few in the tri-state area. He received his degree at NYU School of Dental Medicine and studied three additional years at the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Perio/Prosth Program earning a degree in Periodontics, Periodontal Prosthesis, Fixed Prosthodontics and Implantology.
As both an integrative Periodontist and Prosthodontist, Dr. Richter believes in a total preventative wellness approach. Unlike most practitioners, Dr. Richter believes that all measures should be taken to save the natural tooth. His conservative approach is able to save most teeth that other dentist would extract. As an integrative dentist, he uses a holistic “natural” approach to Periodontics, General, Cosmetic, Restorative and Implant Dentistry.
He follows the IAOMT protocol for the safe removal of mercury amalgam fillings. His office environment and practices are consistently reviewed and updated as needed to provide a safe, healthy space for his patients - especially those with multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic diseases and environmental illnesses.
Dr. Richter is respected in his field of dentistry. He is sought out by many legal firms, seeking his professional opinion and testimony as a dental expert. He has appeared on all major local news station channels including: CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC. He also writes for Natural Awakening Long Island Magazine and other various print and news media articles.
He is also associated with various dental societies including:
- The Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Northeastern Society of Periodontology
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Holistic Dental Association
- The Eco Dentistry Association
- The American Academy for Oral Systemic Health
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
As a distinguished member of the Academy of General Dentistry, he received the honor of Fellow in July of 1992. This honor is an indication of Dr. Richter’s dedication to continued dental education and inspiration to other dentists while stressing the importance of quality and personalized patient care.
In his spare time, he is involved with many humanitarian and educational efforts such as:
- Vice chair for the American Friends of Hebrew University
- Hadassah School of Dental Medicine founded by the Alpha Omega Fraternity
- Committee member for the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasia’s Halloween Bash for 10 years
- Committee Member of the Shoot Hoops for Lymphoma events
- Member of the Holocaust Survivor Oral Health Program